Monday, March 12, 2007

Worst. Bloggers. Ever.

OK, so we've done SO MUCH. And there are pictures. They just aren't, you know, on here.

Since the last time I posted, we got the living room organized, got the dining room organized, got the spare room organized, hosted a bazillion* family members for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, finished painting and organizing the basement, took down the ugly-ass wallpaper in the front hallway, de-organized the dining room, de-organized the basement, painted the front hallway, re-organized the dining room, painted the powder room (including my first foray into plumbing! I replaced the sink and faucet all by myself! Although it isn't, technically, finished or to code yet!), replaced most of the ceiling light fixtures (although, funnily enough, NOT the two I referred to in my previous post), organized the linen closet and tripled the shelf space, painted the upstairs bathroom, painted the upstairs hallway, and I'm currently sitting in the living room, which is, guess what, IN SHAMBLES because I'm in the process of painting it, too.

*number may not be accurate

Once the living room is done, the only room in the house that won't have been painted/improved is the spare room, which still has the nasty 1970'2 carpet and the boring white walls. But the rest of the house will look fantastic! Or at least finished. Right now I could just go for finished.

I make no promises, but I will attempt to load up some pictures in the next few days.

Things on the to-do list:


  • new curtains for the bay window to go with the new colour scheme
  • find some nice artwork for the living room and master bedroom
  • childproof the Toddler of Terror's room so that if she takes it into her head to climb out of her crib in the middle of the night she won't have anything in there she can use to kill herself
  • replace or paint ugly-ass ceiling fan
  • replace dining room light fixture
  • replace light fixtures in spare room and Toddler of Terror's room
  • get quotes on new carpeting
  • call plumber to replace half-assed temporary solution to misaligned drain problem in powder room (I actually know exactly how to fix the problem there - the new sink has a drain in a slightly different place than the old one and the trap no longer lines up correctly - I'm just scared to try and fix it because I suspect I'll screw it up, so for now there's a flexible rubber tube connecting the drain to the trap)
  • look into refinishing the dining room floor
  • paint spare room
  • lay laminate in spare room
  • get new kitchen faucet
  • dream about new kitchen

I'm sure there are 18 thousand more things to do that I'm not thinking of right now.

No comments: