Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Fun with flooring

I laid the laminate in the baby's room today. It was both easier and harder than I was expecting, and I made a few rookie mistakes that I will learn from when I tackle the master bedroom. Overall, I think it looks pretty good.

Here's the baby's room after priming - note the lovely carpet. I can't imagine why we decided to take it out!



We took down the ugly sliding closet doors so we could lay the laminate. I am DREADING putting them back up.

Here's the flooring (and you can see the new wall and trim colours):




Finally, I started installing the quarter round to hide the expansion gaps:



And then I got tired, so the quarter round is only about half done. After that's in, it needs to be painted, the closet doors have to go back up (SHUDDER), and then it's ready!

No comments: